The majority of procedures, consultations and services carried out at this surgery are paid for by the NHS. These involve assessment and treatment of illness, health promotion and illness prevention.
Any other service is not part of NHS general practice provision. The practice has restricted the private work undertaken to ensure that we focus on the quality of our patient care.
Non NHS services provided by the practice for a fee include:
- insurance forms
- holiday cancellation forms
- Medical reports and examination (Insurance, mental capacity)
- HGV, Taxi and other driving medicals
- private prescriptions and consultations (for non-registered patients / tourists)
- some vaccination services
Our fees for these services are displayed in the surgery.
A PDF file is also available below
Apart from the services listed in the Practice Fees document, the practice has stopped providing all other private services to ensure that patient care is prioritised. The practice does not provide the following private services at all:
- Additional reports or letters for benefit or housing claims or appeals (government agencies contact the practice directly for any information they require. Patients can also request a copy of their notes or letters under the data protection act - there is an administrative fee as set out by the act. This can then be used as evidence in appeals if needed)
- Fitness to travel or fly certificates (for fitness to fly, contact your airline's medical service)
- Fitness for activities (gym, parachuting, marathons, horseriding, diving, acting, modelling, television etc)
- Private sick notes
- Unfit for exams, school, court appearance, benefits assessment etc
- Passport signing
- Documentation of injuries (this must be done by the police)